A country rich in culture and history, India is home to more than 1.2 billion people which is the second largest population in the world.
It is also one of the top players in the business process outsourcing. India’s workforce has shown remarkable competency in major industries such as Information Technology, Software, Machinery, Pharmaceutical, Banking and Business Process Outsourcing.
Currently, India is considered to be an emerging superpower in the world due to its expanding economy.
Want to contribute to India’s global economic competition? Read on to find out how to penetrate India’s tough and highly competent workforce and live the best years of your life in incredible India.
If you’re planning to work in India, then you need to have an Employment Visa. This visa is issued to foreigners who are working in India, for an organization registered in India. Employment visas are usually granted for one year, or the term of the contract. It can be extended in India. It can also be renewed.
Following categories of foreign nationals who are eligible for an Employment Visa:
- Foreign nationals coming to India as consultant on contract for whom the Indian Company pays fixed remuneration (this may not be in the form of a monthly salary).
- Foreign artists engaged to conduct regular performances for the duration of the employment contract given by Hotels, Clubs or other organizations.
- Foreign nationals who are coming to India to take up employment as coaches of national/state level teams or reputed sports clubs.
- Foreign sportsmen who are given a contract for a specified period by Indian Clubs/Organizations.
- Self-employed foreign nationals coming to India for providing Engineering, Medical, Accounting, Legal or such other highly skilled services in their capacity as independent consultants provided the provision of such services is permitted under law.
- Foreign language teachers/interpreters.
- Foreign specialist chefs.
- Foreign nationals deputed for providing technical support/services transfer of know-how/services for which the Indian company pays fee/royalty to the foreign company.
- Senior management personnel and/or specialists employed by foreign firms who are relocated to India to work on specific project/management assignments.
Applicant should satisfy the following conditions to be eligible:
- The applicant should be a highly skilled and/or qualified professional being engaged or appointed by a company/organization/industry/undertaking in India on contract or an employment basis at a senior level, skilled position such as technical expert, senior executive, or in a managerial position etc.
- The Employment visa cannot be granted for routine, ordinary or secretarial/clerical jobs.
- The employee's salary must be in excess of U.S. $25,000 per year.
Embassy/Consulate may grant employment visa, which is valid for a year irrespective of the contract. Further extension may be obtained from MHA/FRRO in the concerned state in India. The visa duration starts from the day of issuance and not from the day of entry in India. Foreign technician may get visa for period of five years or the bilateral agreement between Indian and foreign government whichever is less with multiple entries. For highly skilled IT person visa validity is up to 3 years with multiple entries. Others can be granted visa with validity of two years with multiple entries.
- Passport with 6-month validity
- Passport size photographs
- Photo copy of passport
- Copy of online filled form
- Appointment letter
- Contract letter
- Resume of applicant
- Organization registration
- Tax liability letter
- Project details
- Sponsor letter from organization in India
- Justification letter from employer
If you would like more information on living and working in India and need assistance with immigration, managerial, or payroll services contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org We will reach out to you within 24 hours to get your adventure started! We look forward to hearing from you!