Singapore - Southeast Asia's Garden City-State



Have you ever thought of how it would be like to live and work in a country in Southeast Asia? Well, not just in any country in Southeast Asia but particularly in a country that is considered to be an economic superpower in Asia – Singapore.

Its got everything one could possibly need, no wonder many tourists come to Singapore not just to see its international ambassador, The Merlion, but also so experience what Singapore is famously known for – the hawkers, chili crab, Singapore zoo and not to forget, the consistently considered as best airport in the world, the Changi Airport.

Go ahead and read on to find out how you can experience excitement every day in this Garden City.

The number one rule, same in every country, if a foreign national want to work and live in a foreign country, s/he must obtain the proper documentation, such as visa and work or residence permit.

It’s the same with Singapore, all foreigners who intend to work in Singapore must have a valid pass or what is commonly referred to as work visa, before they commence work.

For Professionals, there are several passes available depending on your eligibility. These are:

  • Employment Pass – is for foreign professionals, managers and executives. You need to earn at least SGD 3,600 a month and have acceptable qualifications.
  • EntrePass – this is foreign nationals who want to start and operate a business in Singapore
  • Personalized Employment Pass – for high-earning existing EP holder or overseas foreign professionals. This offers greater flexibility than Employment Pass.

For Skilled and semi-Skilled Workers, several passes are available, and these are:

  • S Pass - For mid-level skilled staff. Candidates need to earn at least $2,200 a month and meet the assessment criteria.
  • Work Permit for foreign worker - For semi-skilled foreign workers in the construction, manufacturing, marine shipyard, process or services sector.
  • Work Permit for Nannies and Domestic Helpers – both permits are for foreign nationals who will working in Singapore as a Nanny or as a Domestic Helper.
  • Work Permit for performing artiste - For foreign performers working in public entertainment outlets such as bars, hotels and nightclubs.

Passes for trainees, students and family members can also be applied in Singapore. For family members, they can apply for a Dependent’s Pass or Long-Term Visit Pass.

  • Dependent Pass is for spouses and children of eligible EP or S Pass holders.
  • Long Term Visit Pass is for parents, common-law spouses, step-children or handicapped children of eligible Employment Pass or S Pass holders.

Contact us or send us an email at and let’s talk so we can start planning your move in Singapore.