The Philippines- A tropical paradise waiting to be discovered!


The Philippines- a tropical paradise waiting to be discovered:

The Republic of the Philippines consists of an archipelago of 7,107 islands situated nearby the mainland of Asia and separated from it by the South China Sea, but only about 400 of those islands are inhabited. From isolated beaches, coral reefs, exotic mammals and birds, delicious foods, and kind, welcoming locals, the Philippines are an amazing destination to live and work.

What is the process to apply to work in the Philippines as a foreign national?

Any foreign national that wish to seek entry into the Philippines for work, regardless of the source of compensation and length of employment are required by Philippine Department of labor and Employment (DOLE) to acquire an Alien Employment Permit (AEP).

Foreign nationals can apply for an AEP at their nearest Philippine Embassy or Consulate. Employers that want to hire a foreigner can apply on behalf of the foreign national at the nearest Regional Office of the DOLE. Foreign nationals that are already in the Philippines should apply through their future employers with the nearest Regional office of DOLE.

The visa requirements for the Philippines vary significantly, depending on the purpose and the duration of your stay. However, for most working situations the necessary documents for a pre-arranged employment visa include:

  • A passport valid for at least six to twelve months;
  • Two completed application forms;
  • A copy of your employment contract;
  • Your curriculum vitae;
  • At least 4 passport-sized pictures, signed on front bottom;
  • A medical and physical examination report by an authorized physician (including a chest X-ray, lab reports, and a certificate that you are HIV-negative) within 6 months from the date that the exam took place;
  • Police Clearance, issued by the police authorities of the place where the applicant resides. (Police Certificate based on fingerprint check);
  • Visa application fee.

If you are planning to move to the Philippines with your family, you should also attach any birth certificates and a marriage certificate. These documents must be notarized. If you apply in a language other than English, remember to submit your paperwork with certified English translations.

When submitting your visa application, you need to provide an application for an ACR I-Card along with it. The ACR I-Card costs around 50 USD and is a microchip-based identification card that carries all your information relevant to immigration officials, such as your name, date of birth, age, and visa type.

The card also serves as an Emigration Clearance Certificate (ECC), Re-Entry Permit (RP), and Special Return Certificate (SRC).

If you would like more information on living and working in the Philippines, and need assistance with immigration, managerial, or payroll services contact us today at info@got.internationalWe will reach out to you within 24 hours to get your adventure to an island paradise started! We look forward to hearing from you!